You are a Miracle Every Day

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RVV
    Keymaster

By Paul Marc Goulet

Do you practice a Sabbath rest every week? It may sound like a weird or hyper-religious question, but I can assure you that it’s not.
      God created man and woman thousands and thousands of years ago. The Bible says, “So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27, NIV)
      Wow! That’s kind of amazing, isn’t it? We are created in the image of the eternal, powerful, kind, loving, omniscient, and omnipotent Lord. We don’t have His nose or ears, but we do have His Spirit. God gave us intelligence and the ability to create and destroy. But we are not God. We get tired, fearful, overwhelmed, and discouraged. We have relatively short life spans on Earth. We have our limits. Oh my! I think I need a nap just talking about my limits.

Did you know that God created you with the need for rest? In fact, He Himself modeled this practice: “…so on the seventh day He rested from all His work.” (Genesis 2:2, NIV) I believe rest is one of the greatest realities of the universe. Rest is a crucial part of a healthy life, whether you are talking about farming, physical recovery, emotional downtime, or something else. Rest restores, rejuvenates, recharges your batteries, and a whole lot more. The Bible clearly teaches us, “There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from His. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.” (Hebrews 4:9-11, NIV)

There is a Sabbath rest for the people of God, but we must be willing to enter it.
      Robert, when you practice the principle of Sabbath day rest, you will begin to find rest as you find God. It’s not complicated, my friend. Here’s my simple Sabbath day routine:

1. I take one full day off. No work. No work-related phone calls and no stress. Hallelujah!
      2. I feed my soul, body, and spirit. Exercise, fun, and good food make me happy.
      3. I spend time in nature; I love God’s creation. I walk in the mountains, kayak, and bike.
      4. I take a nap and make sure I get plenty of sleep.
      I know this list doesn’t sound like brain surgery. It’s really not. The Sabbath rest is simple, practical, and a gift from God. You can find your own formula as well because you are a miracle. I love you more than chocolate bars.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.